CAR WONT COME OUT OF PARK I PUT A NEW EGNITION ...

2000 Ford Focus

Anonymous

March, 23, 2013 AT 1:28 PM

Car won't come out of park, I put a new egnition switch from ford in it, It still wont come out of park. It has tilt steering and is a auto matic 2000 ford focus se, thanks

Wrenchtech

March, 23, 2013 AT 1:41 PM

That would be called the shift interlock feature. It operates on the same circuit as the brake lights so the first thing you want to do is to make sure the brake lights are working when this problem is present. If the brake lights are working, that proves the circuit is good up to that point, then you'll have to get to the solenoid in the console. Disassemble as much as you have to to access the solenoid near the shifting mechanism. Us a 12v test light to test for power coming and going at the solenoid when the brake is applied. If power is arriving and switching and the solenoid is not triggering, the solenoid is bad and will have to be replaced.

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage