WHY WONT MY TRUCK START?

2000 Ford F-150

hstykes93

I drive a 2000 Ford F150, it has been parked for six days, but ran great prior to this. When trying to start it, it almost started then shut off. When tried again, it made a continuous whining sort of noise. I tried repeatedly to start it, but it never did. Later on, I tried to jump start it, (it did not start) and it still makes that same noise. What could be wrong?

Jacobandnickolas

Is the noise coming from the starter? Or, does the starter crank the engine and it still doesn't start? Have you make sure the battery is good and the terminals are clean and tight?

hstykes93

I believe it does crank the engine however I am not too familiar with how it all works. The battery is good and terminals are fine.

Jacobandnickolas

So I know for sure, have a helper try to start it while you check if the belts on the engine are turning.

hstykes93

January, 28, 2012 AT 12:06 AM

They are turning.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 28, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

Okay, it sounds like the starter is working. You need to check for spark and fuel to the engine. One will be missing.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test