2000 Ford F-150 no brake pedal

MIKEDEROUIN88
  • 2000 FORD F-150
I am working on a 2000 Ford F-150 5.4. 4x4 with 4 wheel disk brakes. ABS. And cruise control. The truck had no brakes. There was no leaks in the system and all calipers seem to work fine. I changed the master cylinder and still have the same problem. I bench bled the master cylinder before instalation then bled all brakes in the proper order until new fluid came out at all 4 wheels. Now I can pump a pedal up and it will hold but if I let off for more then 30 secconds its gone again. I changed the master cylinder again. Bled the brakes again and again and again and still the same. I am totally lost. Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks yet again for your help.
Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 6:04 PM

SINBAD271
Is the brake light or abs light on in the cluster? Your not letting the master cyl go empty while bleeding are you? Do you have good brake pedal until you start vehicle? When you loose pressure is vehicle running or not running?
-2
Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 6:17 PM
MIKEDEROUIN88
There are no lights on cluster. I am keeping plenty of fluid in master cylinder while bleeding. I bled the brakes both with truck off and while running. I can pump 3 times and get a pedal. It will even hold pressure if I keep pressing. But if I let go for 30 secconds its gone again. This is while the truck is running. I havent checked if the pressure is loosing while the truck is off.
-2
Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 7:11 PM
SINBAD271
Try bleeding brakes while truck is off. Leave truck off and see if it loses pedal. If it doesn't, start vehicle if you lose pedal check to see if your getting engine vacuum at the brake booster by undoing rubber hose at the booster and putting your thumb over the end of the hose it should have suction while vehicle is running. If it does youll need to replace brake booster. You have no power assist for the master cyl.
+1
Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 8:39 PM
MIKEDEROUIN88
Already checked for suction from booster and its good. I was told there can be air cought in the ABS module. And since with no brakes I cand make the ABS come on its just trapped in there. Is that possible?
Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 9:02 PM
SINBAD271
The abs module does not have any fluid. Only the abs pump. Ok lets start from step one. You conducted bench bleed right. Did you bleed the lines at the master cyl. The ones that are directly connected to the cyl.
Friday, May 31st, 2013 AT 9:18 PM
MIKEDEROUIN88
Yes I did bench bleed the master cylinder. With a bleeder kit as instructed. What dobu mean bleeding the lines at the master cylinder? I bled the brakes at each caliper starting at the passanger rear moving closer to the master cylinder until new clean fluid with no bubbles came out
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013 AT 9:13 PM
SINBAD271
At the master cyl there 2 line connected correct. Crack open one line a about a quarter turn, then have a helper push the brake pedal down and hold it down. You then close the line, then tell your helper to let up on the pedal, then again open the line again, tell helper to push down pedal and hold it. Than close the line again. Then tell helper to let up on pedal. Do this on both lines til you see a good stream of brake fluid, careful not to let it get all over the place. Do ch line at the master about 3-4 times. Than start at passenger rear, have helper pump pedal 3 times and hold it on the third time than you open r/r line then close it, three times pump pedal hold, open, close. Do this about 3-4 times each caliper. You should have brake pedal. Caution keep check on master cyl after each line bleed make sure you don't let brake fluid get to low, top off brake fluid after each line is bleed.
+1
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013 AT 9:56 PM
SINBAD271
So how did it turn out?
-2
Monday, June 3rd, 2013 AT 9:30 PM