CAR IS STARTING HARD!I RECENTLY REPLACED THE PCM...

2000 Dodge Intrepid

Firemnted

October, 21, 2012 AT 8:55 PM

Car is starting hard!

I recently replaced the PCM because I found pinched wire's to injector 3 and fixing the wires didn't fix it! It is a little over dew for new plugs I think they recommend changing them at 60,000-80,000 miles and I got about 120000 on then and #3 got flooded out and I didn't change it yet! Could this be the problem?

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

October, 21, 2012 AT 9:47 PM

New or used pcm? Did you have it flashed? If you did not, it will not run.

Do you have the old one? Were there codes before replacement?

Wires shorted together should not damage the pcm, just fire the injector all the time.

October, 21, 2012 AT 9:50 PM

Scan the computer for codes and also replace plugs then comeback for additional help-No.3 could be a dead cylinder plug/compression problem

Firemnted

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:48 AM

It is a remanned and came guaranteed and pre-flashed

Firemnted

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

There are no computer codes and has good compression 110 psi. The injector on 3 was stuck open all the time and I had fuel running out of the weep holes in the exhaust system! And after I cut out the damaged wires and soldered new in I still had an open short and after metering the harness out I replaced the ECM with a remanned! The car started and ran fine for two days them started hard for three days then normal agin for 5 days then back to starting hard!

October, 23, 2012 AT 1:58 AM

Was the CEL coming on within that 5 dys-Check the fuel pressure if its within specs-its beginning to be a nightmare here with this intermittent problem-

Firemnted

October, 23, 2012 AT 2:02 AM

CEL came on once and went out before I could get the scanner on it and it was running rough!

October, 23, 2012 AT 2:33 AM

Scan the computer for code/s with and w/o the CEL

Firemnted

October, 23, 2012 AT 2:41 AM

I do every time I start it! I was hoping to get the light on with the scanner plugged in!

Firemnted

October, 28, 2012 AT 6:46 PM

I changed the plugs and now tested the fuel pressure and its 2 psi high!

October, 30, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

What is the actual fuel pressure you read?

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right