PLEASE HELP WITH NO IDLE PROBLEM

2000 Dodge Durango

skaterdemon69

August, 1, 2012 AT 3:26 PM

I have a 2000 dodge durango 4.7 that I cannot find out how to fix. Let's start with some back ground on the truck. I just got it a week ago. I bought it after anothee guy replaced a cracked head. On the passenger side. The truck after being assembled then spun the cam dowel after being started the first time and ran for a little while. He said he overtightened the cam. He then took the cam off the old head and put it onto the new/used head and fixed it but since he had no idea where the timing was at when assembled. I took the valve cover off both sides and reset the time back to zero on everything. I got the truck started and it ran rough and wouldn't idle. I can getitto revup and oncepast 2000 rpms it runs great. After the first start up it threw a code for ignition coil 1 and 6 being out I replaced those two and then it threw a code fo 3 and 5 ignition coils being out not wanting. To throw more money at it I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that it could be the idle air control so I replaced that. Now it is throwing codes for coils 2-8 being out. I am so lost now on what it could be that is making this truck. Run so bad. I cannot get. It to idle I can get it to. Run ok after 2000 rpms. Please help.

As of today I replaced the throttle position sensor and it still won't. Idle

Dies On Idle

August, 1, 2012 AT 4:11 PM

Have the compression tested. The spun camshaft sprocket could have affected the valves.

Are you very sure the timing chains and are synchronised correctly?

skaterdemon69

August, 1, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

Ya they are perfectly timed and I did a compression test all checked. Out great

August, 1, 2012 AT 6:04 PM

Seems the misfiring is the one causing the problem. What trouble codes were you getting?

skaterdemon69

August, 1, 2012 AT 7:28 PM

I got codes 2-8 ignition coils being out but then that went. Away when I did a throttle position sensor now it is only cylinder five but I replaced that one and it went away

August, 2, 2012 AT 6:05 PM

So there are no trouble codes presently but it still cannot hold idle correctly?

skaterdemon69

August, 2, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

Ya that's correct that is why I am so stumped. On what to do. Do you think it could be q bad pcm?

August, 2, 2012 AT 8:11 PM

It could be. I would suggest plugging in a scan tool and monitoring the datastream to see if anything is not working correctly.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right