LOUD CLUNKING

2000 Dodge Durango

jensimzer

July, 4, 2012 AT 5:47 PM

2000 Dodge Durango 4x4 had a flat tire used the spare to get home had the other tire fixed n put back on could not get the spare back it to its holder the wire would not come down. Now I have been hearing aloud clunking noise in the rear don't know if it has anything to do with the spare or am I going to need a new rear end?

July, 4, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

Doubt it is the spare tire rachet. Have it checked to see.

Have someone check the rear suspension as well. Make sure the tire is tight as well.

jensimzer

July, 4, 2012 AT 5:59 PM

We did check the suspension it was tight what is weird is it didn't start till we had the flat

caradiodoc

July, 4, 2012 AT 6:28 PM

If I read that right you haven't put the spare tire back and the clunking started right after removing the spare. The logical solution is the carrier is swinging and banging against something.

The carrier isn't going to magically come down without the weight of a tire on it. If you cranked it up without a tire, you just have to reach under there and pull on it, then unwind it a little, then pull on it some more.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter