HELP!

2000 Dodge Caravan

Will Figueroa

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:48 AM

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan and am having problems with the fuel system. I start the van and get about 1/2 mile and it quits on me. I wait for about an hour and then it starts (sometimes). I am not sure if it is the gas filter or the fuel pump. You advice would be greatly appreciated. I need my van to drive to work which I just got about 5 weeks ago.

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:53 AM

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the pressure if its the fuel pump it will show as a sore thumb-let me know

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:55 AM

If fuel pressure is okay and still you have to wait before its starts again -check for spark

Will Figueroa

July, 9, 2012 AT 12:34 PM

I appreciate your advice. Here is my dilema; I can't afford to buy a fuel pressure tester or have it towed to be tested. I would barely have the money for the fuel pump. I had tried to start it this morning and all it does is turn over but won't start. Thanks for your help. Not sure what I am gonna do.

Will Figueroa

July, 9, 2012 AT 1:44 PM

I wish there was some way for me to know what I have to replace, the filter or fuel pump. It is hard at the present to afford both. Thanks for your advice rasmataz. Hope to fix it today so I don't miss work. Wish me luck.

Will Figueroa

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:12 PM

I tried some starting fluid and it wants to run for a second and then dies out. Do you think its the fuel pump? Also, Do I have to drop the tank to get to the fuel pump?

July, 9, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

When you turn On the van-do you hear the fuel pump?

Will Figueroa

July, 10, 2012 AT 4:39 AM

No so my son and I went and bought both pump and filter. Am gonna put them in tomorrow. I even got a wrench to take the huge round plastic nut that holds the pump in place. Will let you know things work out. Thanks for your advice.

July, 10, 2012 AT 8:29 PM

You're welcome

Will Figueroa

July, 11, 2012 AT 7:47 AM

Put the new fuel pump and filter in this morning and it was the pump. Works just fine now. Again I thank you for your help.I will always ask you for your expertise.

July, 12, 2012 AT 1:59 AM

No problem and you're welcome anytime

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test