HOW WOULD I KNOW IF I GOT BAD GAS

2000 Chrysler Sebring

justinstill

May, 17, 2012 AT 8:14 AM

How can you tell if you have gotten bad gasoline or if there is something else wrong with your car? My car cut off as I was turning into a store parking lot. And when I tried to re-start it, it makes horrible sounds when it's running and then cuts off a Lately the car has been having a strong burnt smell after cutting it off. When it died at the store, I had smoke coming out from under the hood. I had spilled oil under there the week before, and also it had been raining a lot. My oil was okay, and added water to the radiator overflow container. Even though car was no showing running hot. It was sort of in between hot and cold. When I go to start it back, it runs but cuts back off, after sounding all sputtery and knocky.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

May, 17, 2012 AT 8:50 AM

Start by checking the fuel pressure if its within specs and comeback with the readings for evaluation

justinstill

May, 17, 2012 AT 8:54 AM

How do I check the fuel pressure? I left the car at the store as it was getting late. Hoping it will run long enough to get it home today. My son will be coming over to help me this morning with it.

May, 17, 2012 AT 9:13 AM

Get a fuel pressure tester and hook it up on the fuel rail test port turn key On-read off the pressure readings