ME TRUCK WON'T START BUT IT WILL TURN THEN SOUND LIKE THE MOTOR IS ABOUT TO LOCK?

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

Danielle1981

March, 3, 2012 AT 7:20 PM

I have had everything changed on the truck. Starter, plugs, air fliter, even the fuze block is new but when I crank the truck it sounds like its going to crank but then it sound like the motor is about to lock.

March, 3, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Does the battery have a full charge? Connections all clean and tight? Is the engine trying to sieze?

If it cranks ok, have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the plugs. If you spark everywhere use a gage and check fuel pressure.

Danielle1981

March, 3, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

Yes has a new battery and great connections and clean. I don't know if the engine is trying to seize but it does sound like its gonna crack but then it stop. Haven't tried to check the fuel gauges yet but it does have plenty of gas in it. The mechanic said that there was water in the plugs and it was brown like it the truck has ran hot, but it has never ran hot. I really need help. Its my only means of transportation. And thanks

merlin2021

March, 3, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

Have you checked the oil dipstick? You may have excess gas in three case from trying to start it. Check for corrosion at the connector under the drivers seat. It comes in from underneath the truck, and moisture can be a problem.

March, 3, 2012 AT 8:48 PM

Like I said, visually check for spark at the plugs. You can take spark plug wire loose. Use spark tester or known good plug in the boot. Ground metal part of tester to metal part of engine, engine cranking, watch for spark.

Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, to check fuel pressure. You may need to check compression?

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test