CHEVY Z71

2000 Chevrolet Tahoe

kadin123

June, 12, 2011 AT 1:51 AM

I have a 2000 chevy tahoe z71 small issue when driving cold it accelerates fine when ir warms up it sounds like it reves up high but my tacmeter doent show that it is reving amy higher than it should it just sounds most noise coming from engine compartment like I said it runs fine cold but not warm 5.7 liter vortec what could cause this

Jacobandnickolas

June, 12, 2011 AT 3:51 AM

When warm and the engine revs (and the tach doesn't), does the vehicle still accelerate normally or does it miss, lose power, anything out of the ordinary?

kadin123

June, 12, 2011 AT 3:55 AM

It does not have the same power as it does when cold it sounds more like a fan speed up it does not sound like a vortec rev it is not a knock or

kadin123

June, 12, 2011 AT 3:56 AM

Thanks for your time and help hope you can help me more

Jacobandnickolas

June, 12, 2011 AT 3:56 AM

Can you tell me if the check engine light has ever come on?

kadin123

June, 12, 2011 AT 3:59 AM

Not since I had it no and it does not get hot do you think it could be trans or vacum leak

Jacobandnickolas

June, 12, 2011 AT 4:01 AM

This is a tough one to call because the loss of power but the engine sounds like it is reving. I will tell you that these vehicles had a lot of trouble woth the insturment panel. They go bad. It almost sounds like the trans is slipping. Is the trans fluid clean?

kadin123

June, 12, 2011 AT 4:05 AM

Not sure will check and get back with you if it is not I will change and see if that helps thanks for all of your help and time just want to get a second opinion or a good anwser thanks

Jacobandnickolas

June, 12, 2011 AT 4:07 AM

Let me know.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars