THE HEATER DOES NOT BLOW HOT AIR

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

14carets

December, 29, 2011 AT 2:06 AM

Have checked the thermostat, fan motor blows, one hose is hot one hose is not going into the heater core.

saturntech9

December, 29, 2011 AT 2:10 AM

You should have two hoses going into the heater core. Did someone bypass the heater core?

S15racerv8

February, 25, 2012 AT 5:45 PM

I have had the same problem found that heater core is plugged, I removed hoses and flushed it out and that fixed the problem, but really need to flush it good or it will plug again

saturntech9

February, 26, 2012 AT 2:49 AM

Sounds like the person that asked the question has a bypassed heater core because there old one was leaking. So flushing the leaking one wont help. But thanks for sharing your expernice with everyone.

S15racerv8

February, 26, 2012 AT 7:45 PM

It actually reads that both hoses are hooked up to heater core, so I doubt there was a bypass put in and to change a heater core in blazer is a 14 hours job because the dash has to be removed to do it.

saturntech9

February, 26, 2012 AT 9:34 PM

Please read again it says one hose is hot and that one hose is not going into the heater core. So it sounds like it was bypassed so without the user that asked the question answer we will never know. So if you think that reads as there both hooked up that would be your idea of what they were saying. But to me it just doesnt read that way. Thanks for using two car pros.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement