COMPRESSOR OIL SPEC

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

stangdaddy

August, 11, 2011 AT 1:19 AM

How much refrigerant oil do I add to a new compressor for a 2000 chevy blazer?

Wrenchtech

August, 11, 2011 AT 2:07 AM

That depends on how much you have lost and what other components were changed and whether the system was flushed as it should have been.

stangdaddy

August, 11, 2011 AT 1:39 PM

I've contemplated having an experienced person do this. There's alot more to installing a new compressor and receiver dryer than I thought. I can't even figure out how much oil to add to the compressor! Hahaha. I've researched this thing up and down the internet and the best I can figure is 2 to 2.8 ozs. I received a bottle of refrigerant lubricant with my purchase as well as a bottle with the receiver dryer. I haven't even researched that yet. I do appreciate your time and response. Thank you.

Wrenchtech

August, 11, 2011 AT 2:24 PM

I would expect it will need more than that. A general rule of thum but by no means accurate is 4 for a new compressor and 2 for each addition component replaced but that includes flushing the condenser.

blazer1

August, 13, 2011 AT 1:01 AM

Your system holds 2 oz 2.8 max I have done a/c work trucks and cars for 23 years. Also you should be able to get a kit with 134a with the right amount of oil in it at any parts store. There should be a tag under the hood that tells how much 134a the system takes

Wrenchtech

August, 13, 2011 AT 1:07 AM

The previous answer is dead wrong.

Here are the capacities from the service manual
Polyalkaline Glycol (PAG) Refrigerant Oil System Capacity
V7 8.96 fl. Oz. (265 ml)
HT6 7.98 fl. Oz. (236 ml)

I live in South Florida and have worked at shops that do nothing but A/C. There is no specific amount to be added. It ALWAYS depends onb how much is removed.

blazer1

August, 13, 2011 AT 1:25 AM

That seems like a lot mine dont take that

Wrenchtech

August, 13, 2011 AT 1:26 AM

Then I'm glad your not fixing mine because it DOES take that much.

blazer1

August, 13, 2011 AT 1:30 AM

Well I have fixed a lot that other shops have tried to fix

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement