WHY IS MY SEVILLE NOT STARTING?

2000 Cadillac STS

keylo22

September, 27, 2011 AT 1:30 AM

Yesterday I drove my car probably around 34 to 40 miles then stopped at a store was gone for maybe 30 mins came back out it wouldn't start up. I had someone try to jump the battery and it didn't help so we took battery to a advance auto they gave me a print out of the diagnostic saying it was a bad battary so I replaced it with a new one. Tried to start it up again and it didn't start up. I heard a clicking noise when I turn the ignition and the lights come on, radio, ac/heater, seats heat up everything except the ignition won't start up the car. Help!

Jacobandnickolas

September, 27, 2011 AT 1:50 AM

IF you hear a clicking, chances are either there is a bad connection at the starter, weak ground, or the starter is bad.

keylo22

September, 27, 2011 AT 2:21 AM

Jacobandnicolas another question could it also have something to do with the relay switch.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 27, 2011 AT 2:47 AM

It could be the starter relay, but usually you don't get a clicking from the starter.

cadieman

September, 27, 2011 AT 4:09 PM

Check the battery connections for a build up of corrosion. Check the voltage at the starter. If its one click try and tap on the starter to see if it starts. If it clicks multible times it a connect problem like jacobandnickolas said. Ty for using 2carpros

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe