How to fix the SEAT belt?

MBROWNTHING
  • 2000 BUICK PARK AVENUE

How to fix front seat belt won't come out how to fix? It is the bottom that ratchets. I tried pulling on it and was thought I might break it there is a side peace and the front piece raps over the top of it what do I do when I get the cover off

Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 5:31 AM

PAPAJOHNSLICE

First things first you need the cover off, some are different then the others, check all around for any time of screw or bolt, or plugs to cover the screw or bolts, if non, then take a screw driver and gently but firmly pry off the cover, once the cover is removed, then it should be pretty straight forward, if you are replacing the seat belt, then you need to replace the entire retractor as well.

Here are some diagrams to help you get the problem fixed. See if the belt is folded inside the retractor.

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers

+1
Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 7:27 AM
MBROWNTHING

OK thanks

-1
Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 7:44 AM
PAPAJOHNSLICE

No problem

-1
Thursday, May 17th, 2012 AT 7:47 AM
DANIEL DAILEY
  • 1998 BUICK PARK AVENUE

How to you fix driver side shoulder twisted seat belt. On a 1998 buick park avenue?

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 AT 2:07 PM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH

You simply have to twist the belt until it seats properly. If you're unable to get that done, then you just have to replace the belt assembly.