I HAVE A 1999 VW BEETLE

1999 Volkswagen Beetle

Anonymous

March, 1, 2013 AT 7:01 PM

I have a 1999 VW Beetle. I drove my car to a convenient store about a mile away. I turned off my car leaving no lights on, bought a pack of cigarettes, and came back to my car. WHen I decided to restart my car it seemed to have some battery life but it would not turn over and start the engine. I had it jumped and drove it around for like a half hour and when I went home and turned it off it would not restart again. It seems like it's not getting enough spark and jumping it is the only thin that will work right now. Plus I just got a new battery last month. Could it be my spark plugs? I haven't since I bought the car toward the end of '09

exovcds

March, 2, 2013 AT 12:51 AM

Not turning over is not the same as turning over and not having a good spark.

If the starter sounds like it is slow or barely turning the engine, then the battery is weak (no matter if it is only 1 month old). Check
for a current draw (that drains the battery) and check the charging system.

If the engine IS turning OK (starter spins fast enough), but the engine won't catch / run on its own, then look for an ignition or fuel problem.

Thomas

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right