99 OLDSMOBILE AURORA CANNOT OPEN FRONT PASSENGER...

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora

Mitch

'99 Oldsmobile Aurora, cannot open front passenger door from inside or outside

Rear Door

Did you try hitting the lock switch on passenger door? I can't be positive it is the locking mechanism from here?

Mitch

JDL, I have tried unlocking from the inside, I have tried the key in the outside lock, both inside and outside handles, I have tried a cut off wire coathanger but can, t locate any actuating mechanism. Obviously I cannot remove the inner skin because I can't open the door.

In the diagram, for the actuator, one wire is voltage, the other is ground. Because the lock actuator works both ways, lock and unlock, those wires switch voltage or ground. The wire harness goes into the door on the hinge side, maybe a rubber protective boot covering the wires, See if you can pull boot back far enough to access wires, the wiring color is in the diagram, Activate door lock switch at the master switch or passenger door, doesn't matter. Check those wires for voltage and ground, try it in lock and unlock. Use a voltage tester.

Your local police department may have a slim-jim they can use to unlock door? If something inside the door electrical or mechanical is broken, I'm not sure how to help?

Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test