VOLTAGE DROP

1999 Nissan Sentra

carl190

May, 15, 2011 AT 5:22 PM

I have problems with my car seems that the voltage drop, in the mornings I have no problem to start it, crank it a little but starts at the first try, but when I driving slow like 20 mpg, the air bag light start to blink and the temperature gauge start to drop, the electric windows work very slow, looks like the car is going to died but don't, but when I press the gas looks like everything is normal, in these conditions if I turn it off, it won't start. Also the headlights are very dim and the lights in the dashboard too, when I press the gas they are very bright. The a/c compressor is not working. A mechanic said that the fuse and relays are ok. I already changed alternator (rebuild), new battery, driving belts, alternator belts.

Changing Drive Belt

May, 15, 2011 AT 6:16 PM

Use a digital multimeter across the battery posts, everything off, note the reading. Engine running, take second reading. The second reading should be higher than the first, if charging system is working.

Rpms can effect generator output to a point. Bad drive belt, idle rpms too low?

Also, with everything off, terminals 1 and 4 should read the same voltage at the generator.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX