MY A/C MAKES A REALLY LOUD SQUEELING/CHIRPING NOISE WHENEVER ITS ON WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

1999 Nissan Sentra

dhulse96

February, 8, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

It doesn't go away until I hit high speeds or turn off the a/c but as soon as I slow down or turn the a/c back on I starts back again

I've already replaced the bearings

February, 8, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

Loose belt or the compressor is locking up.

February, 8, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

If the belt is not loose or the compressor good, check for a bad harmonic damper on the crank pulley.

dhulse96

February, 10, 2012 AT 3:47 AM

My mechanic said it might be the compresser, is tht something I need to fix right away, and can I still try to ride with the a/c?

February, 10, 2012 AT 12:55 PM

If it is the compressor, you can drive but avoid using the A/C to prevent any unwarranted damages if the compressor were to give way.

dhulse96

February, 16, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

What if it makes a low squeeling noise even when the a/c is off and hasn't been turned on yet

February, 16, 2012 AT 5:51 PM

Then you would need to check the other drive belts. It could be the alternator belt or as I mentioned in previous post, a bad harmonic damper.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX