WONT START

• teilarok
  • 1999 Nissan Maxima

99 maxima cranks but wont start security light stays on solid when all power is turned on

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Did you try another key?

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 4:46 PM
  • teilarok

I bought it with only one key, which the key ring whole top piece is broken. No check engine light, fuel pump working. Had it hooked to a diagnostic no codes. Fuses checked. My blower only works on 4. I took a 45min drive with ac on the whole way. When I returned car started then shut off. Started again then shut off, then just continued to crank.

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 5:11 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Try this. Go back to the trunk and open the trunk and close it. It is a way to diasarm the factory alarm system. I am not sure if it will release the security or not but worth a try.

The other thing is to remove a batery cable and installing it to see if it will work rebooting the system

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM
  • teilarok

Will try and get back to u. I was thinking of having a locksmith come do it if this doesnt work. Still gonna run me $200. Smh I just wanna make sure if I spend that this will ficx the problem also is it true that after trying to crank it 5 times the whole system will shut down?

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 5:49 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Never heard that before

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 6:01 PM