WONT START

1999 Nissan Maxima

teilarok

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

99 maxima cranks but wont start security light stays on solid when all power is turned on

July, 13, 2012 AT 4:46 PM

Did you try another key?

teilarok

July, 13, 2012 AT 5:11 PM

I bought it with only one key, which the key ring whole top piece is broken. No check engine light, fuel pump working. Had it hooked to a diagnostic no codes. Fuses checked. My blower only works on 4. I took a 45min drive with ac on the whole way. When I returned car started then shut off. Started again then shut off, then just continued to crank.

July, 13, 2012 AT 5:21 PM

Try this. Go back to the trunk and open the trunk and close it. It is a way to diasarm the factory alarm system. I am not sure if it will release the security or not but worth a try.

The other thing is to remove a batery cable and installing it to see if it will work rebooting the system

teilarok

July, 13, 2012 AT 5:49 PM

Will try and get back to u. I was thinking of having a locksmith come do it if this doesnt work. Still gonna run me $200. Smh I just wanna make sure if I spend that this will ficx the problem also is it true that after trying to crank it 5 times the whole system will shut down?

July, 13, 2012 AT 6:01 PM

Never heard that before

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right