Security light stays on

TEILAROK
  • 1999 NISSAN MAXIMA

99 maxima cranks but wont start security light stays on solid when all power is turned on.

I bought it with only one key, which the key ring whole top piece is broken. No check engine light, fuel pump working. Had it hooked to a diagnostic no codes. Fuses checked. My blower only works on 4. I took a 45min drive with ac on the whole way. When I returned car started then shut off. Started again then shut off, then just continued to crank.

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 4:31 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Try this. Go back to the trunk and open the trunk and close it. It is a way to disarm the factory alarm system. I am not sure if it will release the security or not but worth a try.

The other thing is to remove a battery cable and installing it to see if it will work rebooting the system

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
-1
Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM
TEILAROK

Will try and get back to u. I was thinking of having a locksmith come do it if this doesn't work. Still gonna run me $200. I just wanna make sure if I spend that this will fix the problem also is it true that after trying to crank it 5 times the whole system will shut down?

Friday, July 13th, 2012 AT 5:49 PM
2CARPROS KEN

No you should be okay the system will not lock out.

Here is a guide to try first.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

I would call the dealer becasue a locksmith will not be able to recode the key to work.

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 AT 5:27 PM