I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY ENGINE TO START.

1999 Nissan Almera

Anonymous

December, 16, 2012 AT 4:32 PM

My engine turns over but won't start?

hmac300

December, 16, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure.

shaunallen

December, 16, 2012 AT 7:43 PM

Hi thanks for the reply not really mechanically minded how do I do the things sugested, dont know if it helps but this only started happening after we had a few cold days and the temperature dropped to -5, I removed the ht leads and one of them had rust in it, dont really want to go the expense of changing the leads and plugs if it is'nt going to make a difference.

hmac300

December, 16, 2012 AT 7:47 PM

Not knowing where you are makes it a little harder, but auto parts stores in U.S, have scanners and pressure gauges that they rent so you can do this, we don't have that model here in us. So I can't even give you specs for fuel pressure but if you get codes you can go to our site and look under OBD2 and it will tell you what are a to go to depending on code, but if you aren't mechanically inclined i'd say to haul it to a garage. But the rust in wire isn't real good, if you clean it out and put dielectric compound on the wire and plug it in that will stop it. But no guarantee the car will start.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe