I HAVE A 99 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE OZ RALLY EDITION...

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

PaoHang

November, 22, 2012 AT 2:57 AM

Hi I have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse OZ rally edition with 180xxx miles and automatic. The check light is on and I think it has something to do with the muffler or exhaust. When I give the car more power it makes a ringing noise under the passenger side and sometimes even if I dont it still does. I think that it might have something to do with the 02 sensor but im not sure. Another thing that just came up recently is the car has been leaking oil for a while now and it has never been a big issue but it has been bugging me a lot so I decided to take off the top cover of the engine and after I took it off I realize that there was no oil when I open it and im not sure if its suppose to be like that or not, anyways ever since I took it off and put back on the cover the car has been leaking more oil and now it has white smoke coming out of the back of the engine. Please help. Thanks.

November, 22, 2012 AT 8:09 AM

When the check engine light is turned on, it is an indication that an error has been detected in the engine management system and you need to retrieve the trouble code to find out what is wrong. Thinking and guessing is not going to get you anywhere.

Grey smoke out of exhaust indicates oil being burnt in cylinders or getting to the exhaust system vi the valve seals.

The cylinder head is not supposed to be submerged in oil, there would be some oil at places where it cannont drin back into the oil sump. As to leaks, you need to find out where the leak is coming from.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8