TIMING BELT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [FS]
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the CMP sensor and CKP sensor.
3. Remove the ignition coils.
4. Remove the spark plug.
5. Remove in the order indicated in the image above.
6. Install in the reverse order of removal.
7. Inspect the air gap. Refer to Powertrain Management; Computers and Control Systems; Crankshaft Position Sensor.
8. Adjust the drive belt deflection/tension.
9. Start the engine and:
1. Inspect the pulleys and drive belt for runout and contact.
2. Inspect the ignition timing.
Crankshaft Pulley Removal Note
1. Remove the crankshaft using the SST.
Cylinder Head Cover Removal Note
1. Remove the cylinder head cover bolts a few turns in the order shown.
No.3 Engine Mount Rubber Removal Note
1. Suspend the engine using the SST.
Timing Belt Removal Note
1. Install the pulley lock bolt.
2. Turn the crankshaft clockwise and align the timing marks.
3. Turn the tensioner clockwise using an Allen wrench.
4. Disconnect the tensioner spring from the hook pin.
Caution: Forcefully twisting the timing belt turning it inside out, or allowing oil or grease on it will damage the belt and shorten its life.
Note: Mark the timing belt rotation on the belt for proper reinstallation.
Tensioner, Tensioner Spring Installation Note
1. Measure the tensioner spring free length.
O If not within the specification, replace the tensioner spring. Free length 36.6 mm (1.44 inch)
2. Install the tensioner.
3. Rotate the tensioner. If tensioner rotates with no resistance or does not rotate, replace the tensioner.
Timing Belt Installation Note
1. Verify that the timing belt pulley mark and camshaft pulley marks are aligned with the timing marks as shown.
2. Install the timing belt so that there is no looseness at the idler side.
3. Turn the crankshaft clockwise twice, and align the timing marks.
4. Verify that all timing marks are correctly aligned.
O If not aligned, remove the timing belt and repeat from Step 1.
Caution: Be sure not to apply tension other than that of the tensioner spring.
5. Turn the tensioner clockwise using an Allen wrench.
6. Connect the tensioner to the hook pin.
7. Turn the crankshaft clockwise twice, and verify that all timing marks are aligned.
O If not aligned, repeat from Step 1.
Cylinder Head Cover Installation Note
1. Verify that the grooves on the cylinder head cover are free of oil, water and other foreign material.
2. Install the cylinder head cover gasket into the cylinder head cover.
3. Apply silicone sealant to the cylinder head as shown.
4. Tighten the cylinder head cover bolts a few turns in the order shown.
Crankshaft Pulley Installation Note
1. Install the crankshaft using the SST.
Water Pump Pulley Installation Note
1. Install the water pump pulley by facing the "F" marks outward.
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 AT 6:25 PM