Remove A/C and P/S drive belt, if equipped.
Loosen generator mounting bolt and adjusting bolt.
Remove generator belt. Install new generator belt and adjust to specification.
Tighten all bolts to specified torque.
27-38 lb-ft (37-52 N.m, 3.8-5.3 kg-m)
Does anyone know how to replace drivebelts for a 1998 kia sephia? They both fell off so I have no idea the direction of the belts. I do have a kia book and it does give some examples but it doesnt say which way to put them on.
Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 AT 11:07 AM
There you go I posted a diagram of how the belt's run around the pulley's.
1. Loosen the generator mounting bolt and adjusting bolt.
2. Deflect the generator to achieve the specified deflection.
3. Tighten all bolts and recheck the tension.
1. Remove the A/C and P/S drive belt, if equipped.
2. Loosen the generator mounting bolt and adjusting bolt.
3. Remove the generator belt.
4. Install the new generator belt and adjust it to specification.
5. Tighten all bolts to the specified torque.