WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?

1999 Kia Sephia

ashvicki88

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:08 AM

I was on my way home driving my '99 Kia Sephia. I made a left turn to go home and once I did I noticed my car start to slow down. I thought it was just me then when I tried to excel it wouldn't. My check engine light and oil light popped up and my car started rolling so I turned into the nearest side street. Now my car wont start. It cranks but doesn't turn over. I checked all the oils, checked the fuses, and took the battery to get charged at autozone to see if that was the problem to no avail. What are my other options?

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:11 AM

You need compression, spark and fuel pressure to run. One of them is not there and you need to find out which one. My guess is a possible timing belt. Have you ever had it changed?

ashvicki88

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:17 AM

I just bought the car about a month ago used. I just put 1000 miles on it during regular commuting and then this happens. How can I check the timing belt?

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:19 AM

A compression test will verify the issue.

ashvicki88

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:27 AM

How do I do a compression test?

March, 31, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

You need to remove the spark plugs, insert a compression tester and crank the motor over and see what pressure is there. It should be around 125-150

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Acura TSX
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Camaro
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado