1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee misfire

SWOLLEN2004
  • 1999 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

Earlier today I was driving my jeep and it ran fine. I stopped and turned my jeep off for about five minutes. I tried starting my jeep and it was rough starting and rough idling. It then through a check engine light. I took It to get the codes ran and it was throwing a cylinder 1 and 2 misfire code. I then changed the spark plugs and reset the codes. I am still having the same issue. What could cause this? My jeep has the 4.7 v8 engine.

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 AT 6:52 PM

Are you still getting the same code? Does your vehicle have the coils over each plug? If so, switch 1 and 2 with two known good ones to see if that makes a difference. In other words, does the misfire change to the other cylinders. You may also want to check both cylinders for compression. There could be a valve or head gasket issue.

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 AT 7:11 PM
SWOLLEN2004

I am getting the same codes even after coil swap. Cylinders have good compression.

Thursday, August 29th, 2013 AT 7:14 PM