1999 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4.0

• rednex18
  • 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hi I have a 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo 4.0 and I recently just got it running the other day it had some fuel problems but then I went back out the next day I had it running for like five mins and it was running rough so I gave it some gas to calm it down it sounded like it wasnt getting gas and then it just quit and wouldnt start back up again. Its getting fuel its just not starting I checked the pump and the filter and there good and there is fuel coming out of the rail but its just not running any awnswers would be helpful thank you. Shawn

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

• ASEMaster6371

What is the fuel pressure? We need that specs.

Jeeps are common for failing crank sensors that stop spark. If it is bad, it may have set a code.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:16 PM
  • rednex18

Oh ok thank you and do the crank sensors stop it from running completley cause when I poor gas in the carb it starts for a few seconds but the funny thing is is that everything is getting gas

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:19 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

No, it is a fuel delivery issue. You may have fuel but not enough pressure. Looks more like the fuel pump.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:21 PM
  • rednex18

Im not even sure when I put a screwdriver in the valve on the fuel line very little comes out it will only squirt over the end of the screw driver

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:22 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Virtually no pressure present.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:23 PM
  • rednex18

Oh ok well I can hear the pump kick on but I might have to get a new one and its weird cause I just had it running the other day and that was the first time it was running since three months and that fuel pump and filter are brand new

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 9:25 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Make sure you clean out the tank of all debris.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012 AT 10:09 PM