ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

rednex18

September, 30, 2012 AT 9:55 PM

Hi I have a 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo I went to hook up a wire into the fuel pump relay witch actually runs the fuel pump cause there was a short in the fuel pump wire some were so I wired it that way. And then I went to hook another wire up to the same one and went to start it and it wouldnt start and all the guages are not working but the fuel pump is still working

September, 30, 2012 AT 10:10 PM

Thats because there is more on the circuit than just the pump.

There is a asd relay that feeds the fuel pump relay and the pcm grounds both relays. It needs to be checked for wiring and possible failures.

rednex18

September, 30, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

Alright thank you were is that asd relay and and the ground for the pcm cause I no its a short some weres

September, 30, 2012 AT 10:21 PM

The asd relay is next to the fuel pump relay in the fuse box. The ground is internal in the pcm

rednex18

September, 30, 2012 AT 10:23 PM

Oh ok so by changing or seeing if the asd relay is bad could be the problem

September, 30, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

You need to verify the powers and grounds to see if the proper signals are being sent.

Check the wiring diagram

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test