I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it has 231,534.

JEEPERJEEPING
  • 1999 JEEP CHEROKEE
I have a jeep grand cherokee and it has 231,534 miles on it and it runs pretty good. We have one small problem we start the truck, start driving and wait for the truck to warm up and wen it finally does the tempature goes up we have to turn the heat up to cool it down and then it runs fine no problem. Well everyonce in awhile when it rans the engine will smoke for about 5 seconds and then it stops and doesnt do it again unttl the next it rains. Last night I was at a light and the temp started going up and some smoke came out of the engine and I turned the heat and it didnt do it again. I would like to know what the problem is because like I said it runs real good but just that one problem.
Saturday, December 29th, 2012 AT 11:16 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Sounds like either the thermostat or the cooling fan. From your constant running hot, you may have damaged the head gasket. I would have that checked out to be sure.

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 AT 11:35 PM

Sponsored links