Security alarm engine shut down bypass

JAMES@007
  • 1999 INFINITI FX

Infinity I30 will not start after I took battery out and put battery back in car.

Monday, December 13th, 2010 AT 5:58 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Hey James.

Here is the way to reset the security system.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Here is the systems descriptions

There are 2 security system, namely anti-theft and immobilizer.

Here are the 2 systems.

DESCRIPTION & OPERATION
Anti-theft system is controlled by Body Control Module (BCM). BCM receives signals from hood switch, trunk switch, door switches and Local Control Modules (LCMs). There are 5 LCMs located throughout vehicle.

To set anti-theft system in armed mode, remove ignition key, close all doors, trunk and hood. Lock doors using key or remote controller. The SECURITY light will illuminate for 30 seconds, then flash in 2.4 second intervals, indicating system is in armed mode.

To cancel armed mode, unlock and open any door or trunk lid using key or remote controller. SECURITY light will flash every second, indicating system is disarmed.

Alarm will activate (horn sounds, headlights flash and starter circuit is disabled) if any of the following conditions occur while system is in armed mode:

Engine hood or trunk lid is opened using the hood or trunk lid release.
Door(s) is unlocked without key or remote controller.
Tampering with any door/trunk lid key cylinders.
To deactivate anti-theft system, unlock door or trunk using key or remote controller.

If it is the immobilizer that is preventing the engine from being started, ensure you have the correct key and the transponder is intact. Quite often keys are dropped and if it breaks open, the internals would scatter all over. When this occurs, there is a tendency for the transponder to be lost.

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 4:25 PM
MODREADS
  • 1999 INFINITI I30
  • MERGED

The car cranks but won't start. I just got my theft alarm to go off yesterday by unplugging something under the dash board. The car stop running after I had my windshield shattered. Since then the car will not crank. I checked the fuel pump and its working. I pinched the line from the fuel filter to the motor and the gas is still flowing. Is there anything I can do to get my car running

Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 AT 4:26 PM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

There is no resetting required if the key is the correct one. Reprogramming the transponder requires special equipments which most probably you would find at the dealer.

Have you checked for sparks?

DRCRANKNWRENCH
  • MERGED

It appears that the remote control key fobs must be re-programmed when the immobilizer is reset. This means you will have to go to a dealership as a new code has to be flashed into the computer's memory that matches the keys and the remote controls. This is a good time to get spares. You can find keys and remotes on EBAY for very cheap even though you will end up buying a few more than you will need as they are sold in batches, but they are still rather cheap and the dealer will program as many as you want when they flash the system. It will cost you the sam eamount for every key that you need flashed at any other time. The flash procedure is expensive so it may not be so bad to have 10 spare keys and remotes as it makes no difference during the procedure. If you don't bring spares they will not work with car and you would have to pay same price for falsh programming procedure again.