IDLE SPEED (CIVIC D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES)
NOTE: Manufacturer recommends using an OBD II scan tool to check and adjust idle speed. If an OBD II scan tool is not available, use the following procedures.
1. Ensure IAC valve is connected. Ensure MIL has not indicated a fault, timing is correct, spark plugs and air cleaner are okay, and PCV system is operating properly. Connect tachometer.
2. Set parking brake. Start engine and run at 3000 RPM with no electrical loads (headlights, blower motor, rear defogger, A/C and cooling fan off) and transmission in Park or Neutral. When radiator cooling fan
comes on, allow engine to idle. Check idle speed with no electrical loads. See IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS (CIVIC D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES) table.
3. If idle speed is as specified, go to STEP "B". If idle speed is not as specified, remove idle adjusting screw cap located on top of throttle body. If air cleaner is removed to gain access to adjusting screw, DO
NOT disconnect Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor valve 2 pin connector. Turn idle adjusting screw in 1/2 turn increments, until idle speed is as specified. See IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS (CIVIC
D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES) table. Recheck idle speed after each 1/2 turn. After adjustment, go to STEP "B".
Allow engine to idle with blower motor on high speed and A/C on. Check engine idle speed after one minute. DO NOT adjust idle speed with A/C on. If idle speed is not as specified, go to TROUBLE SHOOTING
NO CODES article.
IDLE SPEED SPECIFICATIONS (CIVIC D16Y8 A/T & D16Y7 A/T ENGINES)
Application RPM Step "A" RPM Step "B" RPM
D16Y7 A/T & D16Y8 A/T (1) 650 750 760 860
D16Y7 M/T (1) 620 720 760 860
D16Y7 & D16Y8 (2) 700 800 760 860
(1) Specification for USA models.
(2) Specification for Canadian models.
Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 10:40 PM