FUEL GAUGE

• HondaDx
  • 1999 HONDA CIVIC

Lately my fuel gauge has been a little jumpy. When I fill the tank it marks full then I see it in the morning and it says 3/4 full. And then it'll jump right back to full later on. I dont know if its from the damn vegas heat that could have an effect?

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 7:19 AM

• DrCranknWrench

The gas tank is vented so all that gets released if it gets to be too high of a pressure and it would take a lot of pressure to change the tank 1/4 in volume size.
They are just quirky especially at the top end. They usually run out of the first 1/4 tank than the last so you will be motivated to get to the gas station. Any incline will do it or even starting the car after it sits will take a little time for it too give a smooth reading.

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 9:39 AM
  • HondaDx

Very interesting answer. I do go literally across town and its a good incline from where I go to. Thank you very much!

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 AT 4:26 PM
  • DrCranknWrench

You're very welcome.

Friday, July 27th, 2012 AT 9:34 PM