HELLO 2CARPROS I RECENTLY REPLACED WNEW THE ...

1999 GMC Yukon

Anonymous

November, 2, 2012 AT 12:58 AM

Hello 2carpros,
I recently replaced (w'new), the cruise control steering column switch (wipers, turn indicator, etc and harness). The original had two broken wires, at the tilt-flex area, both to the cruise control. Yesterday I pick up a used (under the hood) cruise control module, (without the cable and housing to the throttle body( my used parts dealer has six more on the shelf, just in case). Having not taking a close look at this assembly yet, brings this question. After the r and r, on the firewall, ( via three screws on the mount frame, w/ the cover still intact), are there any precautionary steps or tricks to attaching the "tape" to the control cable? And secondly, the adjustments involved for smooth and accurate operation.

caradiodoc

November, 2, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

You are likely to find a series of holes at the end of the cable where it attaches to the servo. Use the same hole with the new servo. Using the wrong one could cause a high idle speed or the servo won't be able to pull the throttle far enough to maintain the higher speeds. Making the cable too tight can cause the speed to "overshoot" when you hit "resume" and go too high, then too low a few times until it settles down. It will be too sensitive too to slight changes in road speed. There are no other adjustments. The Engine Computer will just activate the dump and vacuum valves as necessary to see the same road speed as when you pressed the "set" button.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mazda 3
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20