1999 GMC JIMMY W/ 4.3. ENGINE WILL NOT FIRE AFTER SITTING FOR 10 DAYS, HAVE SPARK AND FUEL PRESSURE

• h2ostud
  • 1999 GMC Jimmy

Hi, I have a 1999 GMC Jimmy w/ 4.3. I just got back from a 10 day vacation and I cannot get the engine to fire. I have used a fuel pressure gauge at the fuel rail and have confirmed 62psi when I turn the engine over. I have also verified that there is spark coming from the coil wire. I have also confirmed that there is spark at the plugs by pulling off the #1 plug wire. The engine will just turn over with out any attempt to fire. I have also tried pouring fuel into the throttle body and spraying starting fluid as well. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

• ASEMaster6371

62 looks good. I would re verify spark. Does not make sense that it wont fire up. Spraying with no response indicates a spark issue.

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 2:43 AM
  • h2ostud

I have verified that twice already. If I do have spark and proper fuel pressure it mean that the timing of the spark firing could be off. Would a bad cam sensor, crank sensor, or ignition control module cause that?

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 AT 3:55 AM