WHY DO I HAVE NO POWER TO THE PASSENGER COMPARTMENT AND IGNITION ON MY CAR?

1999 Ford Taurus

Ford Taurus Owner

September, 29, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

99 ford taurus has no power to ignition, lights, dash or passenger compartment. The battery is testing at 12.6 volts with the car off but turn the key and you get nothing- open the door and no lights or bells.

hmac300

September, 29, 2012 AT 10:46 PM

Check your fuses in underhood fuse panel.

Ford Taurus Owner

September, 29, 2012 AT 10:48 PM

Have continuity at megafuse and all other fuses ok both under hood and under dash.

hmac300

September, 29, 2012 AT 10:58 PM

Check to see if power going through ignition switch. Did you check the fuses with a test light or just look at them? If you get power to ign switch and not out that would be your problem. Have you recently installed something? If you arenot getting power to ign siwthch fuse 5shold benot putting power through it. If it is then you have broken wire or poor connection. That is in battery junction box behind radiator

Ford Taurus Owner

September, 29, 2012 AT 11:02 PM

Thank you. I will go check that. (Only used test meter on the 175A fuse- looked at the others. Have not recently installed anything. I will check the ignition switch now.
Thanks again.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Pump Pressure Test