FRONT HUB

1999 Ford Focus

viper2774

January, 26, 2012 AT 9:06 AM

Would The Front Hubs From my 1.4 Focus Fit Onto ford focus 1.8 They Are Both Mk1

caradiodoc

January, 26, 2012 AT 9:26 AM

I can't find any listing for hubs. They show a pressed-in wheel bearing that all other manufacturers stopped using in the early '90s. That style is destroyed when removing it, but there is never a reason to remove them except to replace them.

That wheel bearing has a listing that covers many engine sizes including yours, but there are different part numbers listed for with and without anti-lock brakes.

Rather than destroying the bearings, you might look at the feasibility of replacing the entire spindle with the wheel bearing in it. I couldn't find a listing for the spindle either to see what it looks like.

Next I tried comparing the brake rotors but there's WAY too many variables to know which ones are on your car. Exact date of manufacture and body codes determine whether the rotors are the same or different. If they're the same for both cars, the center hub is likely the same. If the rotors are different, it's impossible to say what that difference is.

Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement