O my Pickup started cutting out when I would.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1999 FORD F-150

O my pickup started cutting out when I would try to accelerate then it got to where the only way I could start it was with starting fluid and now it won't start at all. I changed the fuel filter, put in a new fuel pump and put in new plugs and it still won't start. I bought a diagnostic tester and the only thing that showed up was the fuel pressure regulator so I changed that but still won't start. What do I need to check now.

Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 12:20 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, March 29th, 2013 AT 1:58 PM
CHUCK EVANS

The diagnostic tester says no codes found and i'm getting fuel to the fuel rail I checked that. I can't even get it to start with starting fluid.

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 AT 4:10 PM

It's not getting fuel to rail it's how much pressure is getting there it could be a problem of to much pressure check fuses 29 & 30 in central junction box and fuses in battery junction box. Also check inertia switch on right side of dash, make sure it's not engaged. Fp should be 35-45 psi with key on engine off. Also check to seeif your anti theft unit is engaged if so try another key if you have one.

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 AT 4:43 PM