O MY PICKUP STARTED CUTTING OUT WHEN I WOULD ...

1999 Ford F-150

Anonymous

March, 29, 2013 AT 12:20 PM

O my pickup started cutting out when I would try to accelerate then it got to where the only way I could start it was with starting fluid and now it won't start at all. I changed the fuel filter, put in a new fuel pump and put in new plugs and it still won't start. I bought a diagnostic tester and the only thing that showed up was the fuel pressure regulator so I changed that but still won't start. What do I need to check now.

hmac300

March, 29, 2013 AT 1:58 PM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first

chuck evans

April, 2, 2013 AT 4:10 PM

The diagnostic tester says no codes found and i'm getting fuel to the fuel rail I checked that. I can't even get it to start with starting fluid.

hmac300

April, 2, 2013 AT 4:43 PM

It's not getting fuel to rail it's how much pressure is getting there it could be a problem of to much pressure check fuses 29 & 30 in central junction box and fuses in battery junction box. Also check inertia switch on right side of dash, make sure it's not engaged. Fp should be 35-45 psi with key on engine off. Also check to seeif your anti theft unit is engaged if so try another key if you have one.

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right