99 RECENTLY STARTED MAKING NOISE WHILE DRIVING

1999 Ford Explorer

cd_24

March, 27, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

99 explorer 177000 kms Rebuilt tranmission July 2010. When driving there is a growl like it is being driven in a low gear. Just dosent seem to have to go power I had it in for an oil change and they told me the power steering needed flush and fill. Could this be the problem or does it sound like more of a trans problem again. When sitting idle the truck runs like a top and sounds great it is only when driving that it has the low growl sound. Just looking for a little input before I take it back to the trans shop to get screwed again. Thanks Guys!

Also when driving down the road, every once in awhile the truck will jerk. Is dosent happen all the time and it only jerks once like it is missing or something then it is fine again except for the noise. It is kind of like a new tire growl but I know that's not it.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 27, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

Cross between what? You wrote the question in the title area and part was deleted

cd_24

March, 27, 2012 AT 12:57 PM

Oops! Let's try this again. 99 explorer 177000 kms Rebuilt tranmission July 2010. When driving there is a growl like it is being driven in a low gear. Just dosent seem to have to go power I had it in for an oil change and they told me the power steering needed flush and fill. Could this be the problem or does it sound like more of a trans problem again. When sitting idle the truck runs like a top and sounds great it is only when driving that it has the low growl sound. Just looking for a little input before I take it back to the trans shop to get screwed again. Thanks Guys!

cd_24

March, 27, 2012 AT 1:08 PM

Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Replace Tie Rod End