1999 Dodge Durango ANTI THEFT TRIGGERED

AKATHLEEN
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO

Some how the anti theft was triggered in my Durango. It will not start. I got my car from a used car lot so it did not come with a Key fob. They are refusing to help. I already tried to turn the key thing for five seconds manually unlock and lock the door and the back hatch. It would work once than trigger the anti theft again and wont work anymore. I tried to disable the wire for that part of my car, wont work! I also tried to get a new central timing module and that did not work either. I'm out of options I can afford. I have called around and all I've heard is you need to pay lots of money for us to diagnose it then more money if we can figure out whats wrong with it!

Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 9:15 PM

If you can't set it the way it is supposed to be done then a scanner has to be hooked up and either program a key fob or see what is wrong so it can be fixed.

-2
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 AT 5:44 AM
JENNSYLVANIA

Hello I'm having the same problem with this 99 Dodge Durango I just got from a friend the battery got drained and the CTM behind the glove box was knocking at first I changed out the battery put in a starter still won't start. I only have a regular key I thought it might be the antitheft system because now the alarm keeps going off. So I was told by a reliable friend the antitheft has to be turned off with the key fob so I'm going to go down this locksmith place that does stuff for cars and they have key fobs and stuff and can program it. Then what you have to do I guess is put the key in the ignition don't start lock and unlock with the fog and then start the car should start up you have to do it within 30 seconds of using the key fob. I'm going to do this on Monday and I'll post back if it works but this person said they have the same problem and it worked.

+2
Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 5:15 PM

If no manual look online for your car on how to reset anti theft a key fob doesn't reset it might be to lock drivers door with key then unlock it to reset anti theft but not sure

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 AT 5:18 PM
CRIS.COYLE
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO

Electrical problem V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 99896 miles

My keyfob broke and I live 3 hours away from any dealership dodge or not and I want to disengage it so I can take it to the dealership to get several new keyfobs.

I was told that there is supposedly a "valet mode" button that will reset the alarm system so I can drive away, I was told it is under the dash. I called the dealership and they said they never heard of the stock system having that.

Thank you for your time

Thursday, September 28th, 2017 AT 3:01 PM (Merged)
2CARPROS KEN

Start by rolling one window down and open the hood. Shut all doors and lock them. Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for 30 minutes and reconnect the battery. Using the key unlock the drivers door and the system should be reset.

Here is a guide to help you as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

HARDYBAY
  • 2003 DODGE DURANGO

2003 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 20k miles

I recently bought a '03 Durango and have had multiple occations when opening the driver door with key that the alarm goes off. Klicking the wireless fob stops it, but it's annoying. This morning, it happened again, but the wireless fob wouldn't stop the alarm. The truck would start with the alarm still sounding, and I checked to see if stepping on the brake would cause the engine to stop, as I read some cars do that, but the truck appeared ready to drive with the alarm sounding and lights flashing. I shut off the engine, opened the hood and unplugged the horns and the alarm stopped, though, I don't know if some time interval had passed and the alarm stopped on its own. But it stopped the moment I unplugged the second horn. I'm looking for guidance prior to taking it in for professional repairs. Thanks.

Thursday, September 28th, 2017 AT 3:02 PM (Merged)
RACEFAN966

It sounds like you are have a control module problem this is the alarm control module. It can be tested but it has to be done with DRB111 scan tool. I hope this helps some. Thanks for your donation and if there is any more I can tell ask I will try.

TERGOLF
  • 2005 DODGE DURANGO

2005 Dodge Durango V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

First off I made a donation but I did that before the question, so I gave you all ten dollars but didn't ask anything, hopefully this will count as a donation question. Our car was sitting in the driveway with no one or nothing around it when the alarm goes off. This is a factory alarm. I could not get it to turn off. I finally took the negative terminal off for the night (hoping it may reset). I went back out this morning and went to hook it up and alarm still going off. What do I do?

Hi tergolf, Welcome to 2carpros and TY forthe donation-Hang in there am doing all my best

In the integrated power module left side of engine compartment remove fuse no. 16-let me know what happened-I'm tracking the anti theft circuit

AJG3452
  • 2004 DODGE DURANGO

2004 Dodge Durango V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic

How to reset the alarm? Truck will not start. Is there a master reset?

You need to see a dealer. THey are the only ones that will have the proper test equipment to identify the problem and reset it.

If it were that easy, any thief could do it so what good would it be?

You didn't ask for help with a problem or specify if there even is a problem. If the system won't let you start the engine, unlock the front doors with the key.

KFLOWERS0555
  • 1998 DODGE DURANGO

How do I disable or reset the security on a 1998 dodge durango?

DRCRANKNWRENCH

As far as security if the battery is dis-connected, there is a code that you have to either keep when the car was purchased or have a dealership reset and provide you with it.
It is entered through the stereo generally.