ANTI THEFT TRIGGERED

AKATHLEEN
  • 1999 DODGE DURANGO
Some how the anti theft was triggered in my Durango. It will not start. I got my car from a used car lot so it did not come with a Key fob. They are refusing to help. I already tried to turn the key thing for five seconds manually unlock and lock the door and the back hatch. It would work once than trigger the anti theft again and wont work anymore. I tried to disable the wire for that part of my car, wont work! I also tried to get a new central timing module and that did not work either. I'm out of options I can afford. I have called around and all I've heard is you need to pay lots of money for us to diagnose it then more money if we can figure out whats wrong with it!

The problem with this 99 Dodge Durango I just got from a friend the battery got drained and the CTM behind the glove box was knocking at first I changed out the battery put in a starter still won't start. I only have a regular key I thought it might be the antitheft system because now the alarm keeps going off. So I was told by a reliable friend the antitheft has to be turned off with the key fob so I'm going to go down this locksmith place that does stuff for cars and they have key fobs and stuff and can program it. Then what you have to do I guess is put the key in the ignition don't start lock and unlock with the fog and then start the car should start up you have to do it within 30 seconds of using the key fob. I'm going to do this on Monday and I'll post back if it works but this person said they have the same problem and it worked.
Friday, May 16th, 2014 AT 9:15 PM

KEN
Start by rolling one window down and open the hood. Shut all doors and lock them. Disconnect the battery and let the car sit for 30 minutes and reconnect the battery. Using the key unlock the drivers door and the system should be reset.

If that doesn't work we need to do a hard reboot of the security system so it can reinitialize. Remove the negative cable terminal and hold it to the positive for 5 minutes this will discharge the capacitors and force the system to relearn. Reconnect the battery and unlock the door using the remote.

Here is a guide to help you as well.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+2
Thursday, September 28th, 2017 AT 3:01 PM (Merged)
HARDYBAY
  • 2003 DODGE DURANGO
2003 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 20k miles

I recently bought a '03 Durango and have had multiple occations when opening the driver door with key that the alarm goes off. Klicking the wireless fob stops it, but it's annoying. This morning, it happened again, but the wireless fob wouldn't stop the alarm. The truck would start with the alarm still sounding, and I checked to see if stepping on the brake would cause the engine to stop, as I read some cars do that, but the truck appeared ready to drive with the alarm sounding and lights flashing. I shut off the engine, opened the hood and unplugged the horns and the alarm stopped, though, I don't know if some time interval had passed and the alarm stopped on its own. But it stopped the moment I unplugged the second horn. I'm looking for guidance prior to taking it in for professional repairs. Thanks.
-1
Thursday, September 28th, 2017 AT 3:02 PM (Merged)
RACEFAN966
It sounds like you are have a control module problem this is the alarm control module. It can be tested but it has to be done with DRB111 scan tool. I hope this helps some. Thanks for your donation and if there is any more I can tell ask I will try.
+1
TERGOLF
  • 2005 DODGE DURANGO
  • AWD
2005 Dodge Durango V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles

Our car was sitting in the driveway with no one or nothing around it when the alarm goes off. This is a factory alarm. I could not get it to turn off. I finally took the negative terminal off for the night (hoping it may reset). I went back out this morning and went to hook it up and alarm still going off. What do I do?
In the integrated power module left side of engine compartment remove fuse no. 16-let me know what happened-I'm tracking the anti theft circuit
+1
DRCRANKNWRENCH
As far as security if the battery is dis-connected, there is a code that you have to either keep when the car was purchased or have a dealership reset and provide you with it.
It is entered through the stereo generally.
MARTIN SITTLE
I have the fix for 99 durango anti theft reset.I just had this happen to a friend of mine. If your vehichle will not disable the anti theft and security light is blinking.
First, if the alarm is sounding off you must pop the hood and unplug the horns so as not to drive you up a wall.
Second, take off your door panel, any door will work,
Third, after you take off the door panel, peel plastic back, unbolt the rear window guide. Its a bar that guides the window up and down. 10mm and a torx bolt. So you can slide the guide out of the way.
Fourth, you may want to remove door handle for better access. Your trying to get the door lock sensor off. The door lock sensor is what turns your alarm on and off via the door lock. The sensor/switch wears out an then the vehichle anti theft can not be disarmed.I got a replacement at the local salvage yard. I tested it first with a dvm. To arm is around.671 ohms and to disarm is around.481 ohms. That means when u lock the doors with the key, the sensor sends a ohms value to the bcm to arm. And vica versa to disarm. This worked like a charm. Durango started right up. Now we are going to program key fobs to prevent this from happening again.
+2
Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 AT 10:28 PM
JENNSYLVANIA
Ok I figured it out last year sorry it took me so long to repost I did all the tricks and replaced a lot of parts that I needed anyway but nothing worked. I did the key fob thing used key in door nothing. I used a scanner my dad had we checked everything and boom there it was my stupid ignition wire loosened and got disconnected some how fixed the ignition wire and she started right up. Still don t know how that happened. My heater stoped working at the same time I m going to check to make sure the wire didn t get disconnected from the switch before I get into anything crazy. I ll start there. Good luck to you all.
I Hart Durango :)
Beastie lives!
+2
Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 AT 11:24 PM
KEN
Great addition to this thread! Please feel free to help out whenever you are on the site :)

Cheers, Ken
Friday, January 12th, 2018 AT 6:18 PM