This vehicle has the capability to set the.

JJHOFFMANN
  • 1999 CHRYSLER LHS

This vehicle has the capability to set the inside car temp. To a specific temp. Ex. 72 degrees.
The heat will only come out of the vents. It won't change to defrost or the floor. When I push the buttons for defrost or floor heat, it stays on the vents.
I can regulate the manual heat to a lower or higher fan speed, but not change where the air flows (through the vents).
Does this sound like a "control head" issue?
Thank you.

Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 11:10 AM

ASEMASTER6371

Yes, possible but it could also be the programmer. You need to have it checked to verify. Either one is an expensive guess.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, November 30th, 2012 AT 11:44 AM
PHILLY_PA2000

Probably your "mode" door actuator/ motor is bad- you have to remove the kick panels on passenger side and driver side to get to it then use an 8mm socket/ wrench to remove the 3 screws. Its just infront of the vent tube that goes under the console to the back vent - to remove kick panels - first pry up the TOP of the middle console plate (where the gear shift nozzle is) and then couple of screws and under dash -- cant miss them - you can check mode doors by running diagnostic on it - you will see/ or not (if its broken) the gear turn

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 12:51 AM
JJHOFFMANN

I have replaced the door actuator/ motor and that wasn't the problem. We also replaced the heater control head and that wasn't the problem either.

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 AT 3:13 AM
PHILLY_PA2000

There are 3 actuator/ motors in the car - 2 are under the dash in the middle -- 1 is gotten by removing the end cap - passenger side -- After you replaced actuator motors -- the 2 under dash -- behind radio are bears-- which 1 did you replace?

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 AT 3:10 PM