THIS VEHICLE HAS THE CAPABILITY TO SET THE ...

1999 Chrysler LHS

jjhoffmann

November, 30, 2012 AT 11:10 AM

This vehicle has the capability to set the inside car temp. To a specific temp. Ex. 72 degrees.
The heat will only come out of the vents. It won't change to defrost or the floor. When I push the buttons for defrost or floor heat, it stays on the vents.
I can regulate the manual heat to a lower or higher fan speed, but not change where the air flows (through the vents).
Does this sound like a "control head" issue?
Thank you.

Touch Screen Issues

November, 30, 2012 AT 11:44 AM

Yes, possible but it could also be the programmer. You need to have it checked to verify. Either one is an expensive guess.

Philly_pa2000

December, 28, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

Probably your "mode" door actuator/ motor is bad- you have to remove the kick panels on passenger side and driver side to get to it then use an 8mm socket/ wrench to remove the 3 screws. Its just infront of the vent tube that goes under the console to the back vent - to remove kick panels - first pry up the TOP of the middle console plate (where the gear shift nozzle is) and then couple of screws and under dash -- cant miss them - you can check mode doors by running diagnostic on it - you will see/ or not (if its broken) the gear turn

jjhoffmann

December, 29, 2012 AT 3:13 AM

I have replaced the door actuator/ motor and that wasn't the problem. We also replaced the heater control head and that wasn't the problem either.

Philly_pa2000

December, 29, 2012 AT 3:10 PM

There are 3 actuator/ motors in the car - 2 are under the dash in the middle -- 1 is gotten by removing the end cap - passenger side -- After you replaced actuator motors -- the 2 under dash -- behind radio are bears-- which 1 did you replace?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement