REAR AC BLOWS HOT

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

thurstn

June, 19, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Front ac blow pretty cold the lines get cold except the one going to the rear system what would keep that line from getting cold

racefan966

June, 19, 2012 AT 10:00 PM

I need some info first with or without automatic A/C? Does the front a/c work normal all the time?

thurstn

June, 19, 2012 AT 10:34 PM

It does not have auto ac and the front works normal for the most part it stays cold bbut the fan goes low an high on its own

racefan966

June, 20, 2012 AT 12:49 AM

Ok the fan might be the blow motor resistor going bad but we will get to that later. I will look over the diagram of the system and see what controls the rear temp and get back to you as soon as I can.

thurstn

June, 20, 2012 AT 10:07 AM

Ok thank you very much for your time

racefan966

June, 20, 2012 AT 2:28 PM

Before we get to far I need to know if you are comfortable enough to remove the overhead console in order to run some tests on the controls to see if they are working? The temp control part is what I am most interested in checking. You will also need a digital ohm meter too. The other thing I would like to check is the mode door for the rear ac actually that is what I would like to check first as it is easier to get to. Let me know what you are comfortable with doing and I will walk you through it from there ok.

thurstn

June, 20, 2012 AT 3:58 PM

Am very comfortable working on it just need a little direction

racefan966

June, 21, 2012 AT 1:16 AM

You have checked the 25 amp fuse for the rear ac? If not do that first and then I will look up the test for the blend door motor for the rear.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace