DRIVERS DOOR LOCK STILL NOT WORKING

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

jvo

July, 7, 2012 AT 10:23 PM

I hv a 99 tahoe, I had a battery drain and it was effecting all my power locks, found the prob it was relay in auto start system got wet and shorted, that was repalce by installer and locks now work except drivers door, I hv power to door, continuity from wire clip to power lock on lt blu and wjhite wire (as they tapped into these) I have tested actuator in and out of truck it is fine, power switch is new just bought and so is lock relay hmmm just cant get drivers door to work, any help would be appreciated.

hmac300

July, 7, 2012 AT 10:44 PM

Have it scanned with a pro type computer it may be your module is bad, also see if the switch is sending power to it, it may not.

jvo

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

I do have power off the switch to actuator by test light not tested with voltmeter. Where would the module be located, and would that likely be on truck or from auto start system? Thank you waht should be my voltage at actuator connector?

hmac300

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

The module is in front of the left rear wheel house. But should be tested professionally not c just changed. It should be teh tan an dgray wires to the door lock not blue and whiteso recheck it again. You may have a problem of wires broken where the door closes and they will work sometimes and sometimes not.

jvo

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

I have checked the continuity of all wires going to power lock including the actuator wires tan and grey back to the connector (inside kick panel for continuity all wires have continuity. About how much would it cost for this scan I need? The blu and white wires were per instruction from page stating to check ground to orange and blk to orange w test light, then to w/b wires for broken wiring also been in door hinge only thing I see is where installer taped relay wire into it (auto start) probed connection and had continuity to wire at door

hmac300

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:44 AM

Try disconnecting one of hte auto start wires and see if windows work. Cost varies by area in u.S. So I can 't give you a price on that I would think under $100

jvo

July, 8, 2012 AT 12:50 AM

All windows work by all door switches incl drivers. All locks lock and unlock by drivers switch as well as their own door switches incl cargo doors except the driver lock won't lock when other doors lock with switch or key fobs

hmac300

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:18 PM

Then it's eitehr a module or switch problem if the actuator works ok.

jvo

July, 9, 2012 AT 3:57 PM

I would like a refund of my 2.50 since I do not feel I have been given an answer other than go pay about 100 to have scanned by a mechanic, this is not an answer, but a suggestion. Please refund my $2.50 donation. Thank you

2CarPros Mike

July, 11, 2012 AT 7:07 PM

We are sorry we were not able to help you this time. Your refund has been processed.

Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation