WHAT COULD BE MAKING MY HAVE A MISFIRE

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

shakeyjake

July, 9, 2012 AT 11:37 PM

I replaced the plugs and wires disributer cap and roter. The ignition coil has been replaced but was not mounted for a little bit whenever I messed with the plugs on it, it ran better for a little when I turn it off and start again it misses again.

Mis Fire -

saturntech9

July, 9, 2012 AT 11:43 PM

So does it miss at idle or driving etc?What codes if any do you have?

shakeyjake

July, 9, 2012 AT 11:51 PM

It does it driving and at a stop light when in park the rpm goes a little over 500 rpm then below 500 and lopes between them. It threw two codes p1345 and p1345 pending

saturntech9

July, 9, 2012 AT 11:58 PM

Did you have the code before replacing everything?

shakeyjake

July, 10, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

I had it before I replaced the ignition coil

saturntech9

July, 10, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

I would be following the trouble tree for that code do you have the trouble tree for that code?

shakeyjake

July, 10, 2012 AT 12:28 AM

No I don't. What is a trouble tree, sorry not to smart on this stuff so I will probably ask a lot of questions like that

shakeyjake

July, 10, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

Oh I took it to a shop for the test and they say my disributer is probably sticking

saturntech9

July, 10, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

A toruble tree is a flow chart used to diagnose and repair of trouble codes or other issues cars and trucks have. For yours that trouble tree requires a advanced expensive scan tool to follow the trouble tree.I posted a diagnostic for your code that might help. Distrubutor sticking?Iam not following what there talking about.

shakeyjake

July, 10, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

I did not follow either they said it could be sticking and it is not hitting the points like it should, it kinda sounded like a scam so I did not let them do it. So by that chart seeing it gets better when I mess with the plugs, could I have a loose or busted ground?

saturntech9

July, 10, 2012 AT 1:30 AM

On the trouble tree I see cap rotor distrubtor miss installed distrubutor loose etc. Also loose cam sensor bad crank shaft sensor loose wires to the distrubutor. Nothing about spark plugs for that code.