CHEV

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

struxgl

April, 29, 2011 AT 1:45 PM

I have a 1998 Chev Tahoe with a 5.7 Vortec. I just replaced the engine with a rebuilt long block that did include oil pan with new oil pump. I did use the upper and lower intake from my old engine. With the new engine I did put on new spark plugs, plug wires, thermostat and fuel regulator. I am now getting engine codes of P0171 and P0141. I have done the following trying to fix it. I took it back to the shop to check for intake and exhaust leaks, replaced all four O2 sensors, tested the fuel pressure, changed the MAF sensor and PCV with one of my other vehicles, cleaned the air filter(i have been using the K&N style). I engine seems to run fine with good acceleration and now visable signs of problems.
The old engine had 270,000 miles and I had continued trouble with misfires on number 4 cyclinder. I suspected cracked head or block and it was leaking anti freeze into that cyclinder. It had b

hmac300

April, 29, 2011 AT 7:18 PM

I'm sending diagnostic procedures for checking these specific codes. But on cod e 171 check for a clogged fuel filter as well as any wires that may be pinched. Especially forthe code 141 as there may be a burnt wire as well.

struxgl

April, 29, 2011 AT 8:35 PM

THANKS FOR THE REPLY BUT I CAN NOT READ THE DIAONOTTIC PROCEDURES EVEN IF I CLICK ON THEM TO ENLARGE. HOW DO I MAKE THEM READABLE AND PRINT THEM? CAN YOU E-MAIL THEM DIRECTLY TO MEY E-MAIL ADDRESS? STRUXGL@FRONTIERNET. NET
I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I DID ALSO PUT ON A NEW FUEL FILTER.

I DID GET A P0174 AND P0171 TO START WITH AND NOW IT IS P0171 AND P0141.

hmac300

April, 29, 2011 AT 9:33 PM

Email sent check your spam folder if you don't get it

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe 2015
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300