ENGINE WHEN FIRST STARTED HAS NO POWER

1999 Chevrolet S-10

KenW.

August, 18, 2012 AT 8:18 PM

My S-10 (4.3 liter engine V-6) when it first starts up & try to take off the engine bogs down, won't hardly pull it's self out of it's tracks. After about 2 blocks it runs GEAR! But if I shut it off for just a minute then try & drive it same thing it won't hardly run for about 2 blocks then after that it runs great. I've had it to 2 shops & they've run there diagnostic analyzers (A Snap-on & the other is a Altest? And these mechanic's are really good & both run a auto repair shops. BUT! The analyzers show nothings wrong? So there just guessing to replace the airflow meter or the pressure valve under the manifold? But I ain't got a gold mine in my lower half & know from past experience you just guess at these new cars lol? Any ideals?

KenW.

August, 18, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

P.S. I will be HAPPY to make a donation (medium donation maybe $20.00) because been fighting this for 2 yrs and have replaced spark plugs, wire, rotor, cap, air filter ect lol

August, 18, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

I would start at basics. Have the fuel pressure checked when the problem ocurs.

Coolant sensor, injectors being serviced, are some of the other items.

A scan tool will never tell you the issue by itself, only lead you in the right direction of the failure.

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L