WHEN I GO TO START MY CAR THE LIGHTS RADIO AND ...

1999 Chevrolet Malibu

kyserbarnes92

October, 31, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

When I go to start my car the lights, radio, and headlights will come on but my car wont start all it does is make a click noise. Ive tried to jump start it and put gas in it but still no luck.

October, 31, 2012 AT 2:26 AM

Go to this link for more information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 2:27 AM

Do you have a multi meter to do some testing?Also where is the clicking noise coming from?

kyserbarnes92

October, 31, 2012 AT 2:39 AM

Im sure auto zone could help me with that. The noise is coming from my engine. See im thinking its possible its my starter. Or maybe my pvc voulve if I spelled that right but I dont know if that has anything to do with starting up the car.

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 2:45 AM

No it doesnt while trying to start it tap on the starter with a hammer if it starts bad starter.

kyserbarnes92

October, 31, 2012 AT 2:50 AM

Is there a certain spot to tap on the starter an do you think there could be another possible problem on why it wont start. I thought it might be the battery but all the lights come on and I tried jump starting it but it didnt do anthing. And its got gas in it.

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 3:06 AM

Tap the center of the starter motor if the starter is clicking then most likely its a bad starter.

October, 31, 2012 AT 5:57 AM

Do it jungle way alone-find the starter motor cross the battery and starter control circuit then pound on it-

saturntech9

October, 31, 2012 AT 4:49 PM

Wow that is jungle way my friend lol.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe