2003 Chevrolet Malibu will not start

ROSEBUD0426
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Hi my Malibu just stopped running. I changed the crank shaft and had the battery fully charged. The engine does get fuel, but it will not turn over. We check the spark plugs and the ignition coil changed. Still nothing, what could be the problem? I tried turning the key to have the lights come on the dash and my anti-theft light stay on, but it does not flash.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 8:12 AM

WRENCHTECH
All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can only be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem is not present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.

Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That is what we have to look for.

These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the information required to isolate the cause.

1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.

3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.

4) If all of these things check good, then you would need to do a complete compression test.

Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 8:32 AM
ROSEBUD0426
We checked all that and still nothing.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 10:38 AM
WRENCHTECH
It is one of the issues I wrote you about otherwise it would not be running. That is a systematic sequence to isolate the problem.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 10:59 AM
ROSEBUD0426
Right, we think it is the anti-theft system in the car.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 11:02 AM
ROSEBUD0426
Okay, I was wrong they checked the spark plugs and replaced the ignition coil and there is no spark.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 11:06 AM
WRENCHTECH
I need the results to all the tests and we will go from there.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 11:22 AM
ROSEBUD0426
We checked all of that and the anti-theft light stays on and there is not any spark from the spark plugs. The fuel pressure is right and the fuel is getting to the engine.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 11:48 AM
ROSEBUD0426
We tested the injector pulse and they said that its all good.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 11:50 AM
WRENCHTECH
Without the results from the test I wrote you about earlier I cannot give you an accurate diagnosis. Sorry.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 AT 11:59 AM