1999 Chevrolet Malibu No spark condition

REP517
  • 1999 CHEVROLET MALIBU
The other day on the highway, car dies. Will crank now, but won't spark. After investigating, I found there is no spark. Since I got the car just over a month ago, I've had nothing but problems out of it. At this point I've replaced EGR Valve, Idle Air Control, Plugs, Wires, Oil and Filter, Throttle Body, Timing chain and cogs, 24(x) crank sensor, 7(x) Crank Sensor, Ignition Control Module (2x), All 3 Coils. May be more, just can't remember it all. I'm not in a position to survive very long without my vehicle, so I gotta figure it out. Tested every connection possible with a multimeter, and can't find anything out of the way. I don't get why I still don't have spark. Any ideas? I'm a fairly good mechanic, I've been doing it for a long time. But this has me stumped.
Sunday, July 5th, 2015 AT 1:40 PM

Try a different key your diode may be bad in one you are trying to start with ifnot a diode key follow instructions in pic
-1
Monday, July 6th, 2015 AT 7:36 AM
REP517
OK, tried the theft system reset, doesn't do what the instructions say it would. When I turn the key to "on", the theft system indicator is on as well. After attempted crank, indicator disappears. I've been told that my battery could be an issue as far as the cold cranking amps, even if 12v is present. Idk if it will help, but when it died, it was sudden. All lights in my panel disappeared for a second, but they came right back on. There have been no diagnostic codes at all, which is why I replaced both crank sensors. I'm at a loss and a single dad with no help. This car is my life.
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015 AT 3:56 PM
Have battery checked for condition including load test as they will do that. Most places do for free. Check all fuses under hood and you may need a pro to scan to seeif security system is engaged.
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015 AT 4:22 PM
REP517
Ok, so the battery turned out to be bad after all. But I still have no spark. Replaced the camshaft position sensor, still nothing. I have power where my ignitor is, and a switching signal as well. I've just recently replaced the coils, so I don't think they're bad. I put my original coils on to check, still didn't get a spark. But those were bad to begin with and that's why they're new. Could this be a computer problem? I know they don't generally go bad, but I don't know what else to check. I've heard a bad ground somewhere can have this effect, but wouldn't my readings be off as far as testing if I had a bad ground somewhere?
Monday, July 13th, 2015 AT 9:40 AM
REP517
Also, called about pricing the theft system fix, and was told that it would only affect my fuel delivery. I would still have a spark if it was anti theft system.
Monday, July 13th, 2015 AT 9:41 AM
Chaeck all fuses under hood and have a pro scan for codes.I fit's an ecm he will have to program it anyhow
Monday, July 13th, 2015 AT 10:05 AM