IDLE PROBLEMS IN 00 LESABER

1999 Buick Lesabre

diego ward

My grandma just bought a 99 buick lesaber yesterday and it ran fine in test drive and drive home. It was low on gas the warning light was on but it was not all the way down. When she went to start this Morning it would not idle. I thought the fuel injectors wre clogged but it would not idle at all, after a while it would not even turn over. We thought it was out of gas so we put some in and it would start and idle good for half a minute but would then die. If you try to give it gas to keep from dying it cuts out immediately. What could it be?

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs could be the fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter-start here

diego ward

Yea, well I feel like an idiot now, It needed gas. My uncle came and put about 15 gallons in it and it works fine. It's been cold and he said it need to have at least a quarter tank to run. Didn't know that because I have a 93 lesabre and it can go on for a good while after the fuel light comes on, but then again the idle is set pretty high. Thanks!

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Clean Idle Air Control Ford Super Duty 5.4L
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro