WHEN TAIL LIGHTS ARE ON BACKUP LIGHTS GO ON

1999 Buick Century

Anonymous

April, 7, 2013 AT 7:58 PM

When tail lights are on, backup lights go on. When in reverse, tail lights and backup lights go on. License plate lights go on as expected, turn signals work as expected. Electric trunk release works as expected. Backup lights do not light otherwise. No auxiliary lighting installed, no extra audio equipment either. I can access the harness connection before the wiring goes into the trunk lid, there are five leads. I assume black is ground. How do I narrow down where the problem is, I assume there's a short but I don't know enough to narrow it down where it might be. Thanks.

April, 7, 2013 AT 8:17 PM

Sounds like the light green wire for the reverse light is shorted to the brown and white wire that goes to the tail light in the wiring harness-

JOA

August, 4, 2015 AT 9:42 PM

Hi hello, recently I got same problem with my 2000 Century. Do u fixed yours? Thx

JOA

August, 4, 2015 AT 9:44 PM

Hi hello, do u mean the socket of the connector before go to the truck lid? Do u know how can I fix it?

Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML