I am adding the instructions here and the pictures below. Usually it is better if I just fax the repair over but let me know if it works for you?
- Move the seat as far forward as possible.
- Raise the rear edge of the seat to the maximum position.
- Remove the control panel according to the method in VADIS.
- Fold up the upholstery to access the tilt mechanism.
- Make a template (1) for the side that is to be repaired. See step 3.
- Place the template on the tilt mechanism.
- Use a center punch (2) and transfer the mark in the center of the template to the tilt mechanism. Drill out the mark. Use a 3.5 mm (1/8") drill bit (A).
- Place the round eyelet of the spring (1) on the screw (2).
- Hold the spring in place and install the screw into the hole drilled in the tilt mechanism.
- Tighten screw so that it holds spring securely.
- Secure the other end of the spring in the hole (3) in the tilt mechanism.
- Check the function of the tilt mechanism.
- Reinstall the control panel.
LH = Left-hand side
RH = Right-hand side
Copy the template.
Check that the dimension (A) is 34 mm.
NOTE: Due to tolerances in reproduction of this document the template may not be the exact size. Measurement (A) should be 34 mm (1-11/32"). This can be corrected by enlarging the template in a copying machine.
Check that the enlarged template measures 34 mm (1-11/32"), adjust copier it necessary to achieve correct size.
Cut out the template.
Check that the template aligns with the tilt mechanism. See the illustration in step 1.
As for t he passenger side you may need to replace the microswitch if it is broken. The red handle you are talking about, I can not picture it in my head right now? Can you post a picture of it to see what you are talking about please?
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 5:41 AM